Menu

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

67. HAPPY OR BORED, THERE YOU GO TO MAMA

Understanding Happiness

I went shopping to the mall the other day. There was an iBox store inside and it was very crowded. The store played a different song (with the one played by the mall), louder than other stores. It was a disco song.

I stopped at the front of the store, and froze for a while, enjoying myself.

I saw one of the staff disco-danced following the music, while handling customers. He's on his own. I thought there was going to be a flash mob that I waited patiently.

He didn't realise I was watching him the entire time. Some people went inside on the pretext of looking at the phones, making the store became even more crowded.

Not long after, there was a happy couple who had just arrived at the mall. The guy was so excited that he danced (you too?). His dance was different, in that he explored the mall by dancing. He squatted, jumped, and break-danced, moving to a new realm - the supermarket.

His wife smiled sheepishly at everybody around her. She tried to stop him while looking around to see how everybody was responding to her husband's sudden deranged, brazen act in public.

I followed them to the supermarket. Those were the nice free shows in a quiet shopping day.

See also
CLOSE
Related Offers


No comments:

Post a Comment