Menu

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

51. COUNSELLING SESSION WHILE DRIVING AT THE BUSY INTERSECTION, YES, I'M NOT THAT GOOD YET

Understanding Driving Calmly

Let me recap: I've just got my driving license, and now I drive everywhere I go (except to office, because they charge parking fee, too expensive).

I was driving towards my Mom's office, at noon (read: rush hour, pretty much). We need to pass a busy intersection along the way. I'm calm, I'm ready, I'm cautious.
The light was green, and I began to drive slowly across.
Then, someone from somewhere (I mean, I didn't have the time to spot him / her) honked. I'm in the centre of the intersection and there were so many cars driving past me. The honking didn't stop there, it kept coming louder and longer.

     

I hit the brake hard (I mean I was driving slowly anyway, but don't question how I hit my brake), I screamed, and I covered my ears with both of my hands. Steering wheel? Forget it. I quit driving at that moment.

Yes, my Mom was beside me. She slapped me again, and provided psychology consultation right there at that moment, so I could relax a bit, not panic, and start driving again.

Yes, I continued my journey driving to my Mom's office.

Yes, I still drive like a loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment