Menu

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

2. GENTLE REMINDER TO ALL MOTHERS

Understanding Mothers
Remember when you yell at me when I get detention?
Remember that time, when you forced me to squat at our living room corner?
Remember your cynical words to my punk boyfriend?
Now, I am old enough to stand by myself before the law. I am getting back at you.
I will remember to yell at you when you forget my boyfriend's Mom's birthday.
I will remember to force you to squat at the corner of the street, waiting for me to pick you up at the grocery store.
I will remember to say cynical words to your spouse, yes.. I mean my father.

Did you know:
I got detention because I punched my classmate for saying rude things about you, my birth mother?
I squatted at our living room corner when you forgot that I got sprain ankle that afternoon?
My boyfriend punched me 10 times because  you used 10 words in your cynical sentence?

Kidding Mom, just be warned though, I can get back at you. That's all. I still love you. So much.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment